mars 18, 2014

An English adventure : Oxford

Helloooooo there
Have you ever been to Oxford ? If no, you definitely should because it's a beautiful city where even strangers on the streets seem nice. If yes, why aren't you already packing your suitcase to go back ?!

Paddy and I met two friends from the exchange, Nathan and Maëva, and wandered around the city centre for the day. A very bright day, but not too warm (England would fall) : we first went to a buritto restaurant, where I was tricked into eating a mexican crisp with hot sauce coming directly from hell to burn your mouth for the next 30 minutes. I totally didn't cry.

                      I'll admit a tiny tear showed up in my left eye. 

But the burittos were great, and after that we went to the Oxford University official shop. I was worried about breaking something in the shop because everything was quite expensive, but really cool. We also went to a sweets shop, the kind of vintage shop in where you could stay for several hours and not get bored. I bought some Harry Potter sweets because who wouldn't ? (aaaand that's where the non-HP fans will stop reading the blog :P Please don't !) 
We then wandered again, saw weird japanese "actors" running in the street, ate very spicy sweets (it's strange how these turn very good after 5 good minutes of spicy feeling)...

On the evening, I returned to Oxford centre with Paddy's family to celebrate his brother's birthday at a restaurant, and then for his school celebration evening at the Sheldonian Theatre (a great building that I found very fancy). 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

So what's on your mind ? Pankakes ? Potatoes ? Let me know.